Advances in the dental industry now provide an exceptional option to restore your lost tooth. Whether you have lost a single tooth or many teeth, dental implants, and dentures are the best replacement options for teeth that are lost due to cavities, gum disease, infection, or trauma. Reimage Dental Studio has helped many patients with an opportunity to smile with confidence and eat their favorite foods.
There are many people who are missing some or all of their teeth due to gum disease, accidents, or decay. If you are one of them who have lost your teeth and want to know which replacement option can be the best fit for you. Here are the best replacement options that can help you regain the lost self-confidence. Let’s go over the pros and cons of both the treatment options.
Implants are considered to be the best tooth replacement that uses a titanium post that is surgically fused with the jawbone. This strong bond can be in place for years to hold the replacement and can be easily accomplished depending on one’s need.
Pros of Dental Implant
- Dental implants can last for 20 years with good oral hygiene practice
- Caring for dental implants is easy as it is anchored to the jawbone just like your normal teeth
- Dental implants look just like the normal teeth, as a result, it is less likely others notice the difference
- Unlike other dental procedures such as braces or Invisalign, there are no restrictions to your eating; you can have almost anything you would normally eat
Cons of Dental Implants
- As the dental implant is surgically placed it involves multiple procedures to accomplish
- Not every person is a candidate for dental implants
- Cost of the procedure can be daunting as it can be based on one’s need, surgeon’s experience, place, the material used, additional procedures like bone grafting etc.
Dentures are removable replacements for your lost teeth. They can be replaced to fill in gaps or full sets of teeth that rest on the gums.
Pros of Dentures
- Process of creation and replacement is easy
- For many patients dentures are more affordable
- There is no surgery required
Cons of Dentures
- Dentures need more maintenance
- Need to be replaced every five to six years
- Hard to talk, eat and do other activity with dentures
- Food trap can cause other oral problems
- Dentures can break easily