Safe and Painless Tooth Removal at Reimage Dental Studio
Sometimes removing a tooth is necessary for the good of your oral health. In the case of infected or severely damaged teeth, our Scottsdale, AZ dentist may determine tooth extraction as the best course of action.
For your comfort and convenience, we offer both general and wisdom tooth extractions. Dr. Brent Call has the skills and expertise to ensure your procedure is as painless as possible. Learn more about extraction and our dedication to performing stress-free tooth removals.
When is Tooth Extraction Necessary?
While no patient wants to hear they need a tooth removed, sometimes it’s the only way to get their oral health back on track. Dr. Call may opt for extraction due to teeth that are:
- Irreparable damaged
- Severely decayed
- Impacted by gum disease
Many patients put off having teeth removed for fear of pain, but extractions help alleviate painful symptoms caused by the above issues. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Call today to learn how we can remove your tooth as painlessly as possible.
Types of Tooth Extractions
At Reimage Dental Studio, we offer various types of extractions for our patients’ convenience, including:
- Simple Extractions: Also known as general extractions, Dr. Call performs this procedure for emerging teeth, which won’t require incisions. Patients generally heal from this extraction after 48 to 72 hours.
- Surgical Extractions: Also known as complex extractions, this procedure is for impacted teeth that haven’t breached the gumline. Surgical tooth removal requires small incisions. Patients typically recover from this procedure after 72 hours.
- Wisdom Tooth Extractions: Similar to surgical extractions, wisdom tooth removal typically requires incisions to access and remove the teeth. Depending on your case, however, a simple extraction may suffice.
Tooth Extraction Aftercare
Your Scottsdale dentist will provide you with post-operative instructions for tooth extraction after your procedure. It’s crucial to follow these guidelines to avoid any complications. Some aftercare tips include:
- Avoiding exercise for the first 48 hours after the procedure
- Refraining from smoking or drinking from a straw for three days
- Applying ice on any swollen areas of your face for 15 to 20 minutes every hour or as directed
- Sleeping with your head elevated to decrease swelling
- Avoiding alcohol for the first 24 hours
- Avoiding rinsing your mouth for 24 hours
- Consuming only soft foods and liquids for 24 hours
- Allowing 6 to 8 weeks for the surgical site to heal
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of tooth extraction depends on several factors, including how many teeth are removed and the type of extraction. Your Scottsdale, AZ dentist will provide you with a cost estimate at your initial consultation.
Dental insurance typically covers tooth extractions of all types. Contact your provider beforehand to learn more about your benefits. Visit our financing page to learn more about our payment plans, outside financing options, and how we can help file your claim.
After tooth extraction, avoid eating foods that may irritate the surgical area for 24 hours, such as spicy, crunchy, chewy, and tough foods. Some examples of foods safe to eat after a tooth removal include:
- Scrambled eggs
- Juices and smoothies
- Yogurt and pudding
- Blended soups and broth
- Mashed potatoes
While Dr. Call does his best to ensure your extraction procedure is painless, it’s normal to experience mild discomfort once the numbness subsides. Any soreness will fade within a few days. It’s crucial to follow our dentist’s post-operative instructions to ensure a successful recovery.
If pain persists beyond one week, it may be a sign of a complication. Call our Scottsdale office immediately at (480) 443-3552, and we’ll get you in for an appointment as soon as possible.
Maintain Good Oral Health With Our Scottsdale Dentist
If you need a tooth removed, don’t wait until the pain becomes unbearable. The dental professionals at Reimage Dental Studio have performed countless painless tooth extractions for patients in Chandler, Glendale, and Tempe, AZ.
To schedule a consultation and learn why Dr. Call is the best dentist in Scottsdale for the job, call our office today at (480) 443-3552. You can also book an appointment online by filling out our convenient contact form.